No - ones with lightweight tone arms, just like the others.
Successors to decks like the Garrard SP-25 or Pioner PL-12D.
After all, you need power to drive the turntable motor; it's
not really that difficult to build the pre-amp into the same
box as the turntable.

These became more common once audio systems were less likely
to provide a dedicated 'phono' input; a record deck that could
be plugged directly into an 'aux' input could still be used.