To: "PDML" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 7:19 PM
Subject: OT: It's Show Time

Well, I was off-list last night, as I was preparing for my little show
that's going up tomorrow.  I'm also going to be away pretty much all
of tonight and the weekend as well (may pop in once everything's
finished and ready to put up).

The place is a cafe in Kingston called The Sleepless Goat.  Kingston,
Ontario is where my kids live, and they like this place and we went in
a couple of months ago, and saw a call for submissions.

30 photos go up for the month of may.  Sadly, money being what it is
(scarce <g>), I've not been able to do anything larger than 8x10,
except I'm re-using an 11x14 of Asian Girl

that I used in my last show (it's a personal favourite of mine, and
Tom Reese as well, as he loves creative use of blur <LOL>).  I'm
mounting them with adhesive to foamcore, then using chrome bulldog
clips to hang them.  Not as nice a "real" framing, but surprisingly
effective in a low-tech sort of way.  I think it sort of matches the
low-brow look to my work <vbg>.  Most if not all of what's going up
have been PAW's, so you've seen them before.

Haven't had a show for about a year, so this will be fun!

cheers,
frank

-- "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -Henri Cartier-Bresson