Hi Paul
a really fun photo and the Vivitar does indeed take sharp shots.
Can you try shooting with a 2x extender wide open with that zoom to let see
whether it is still usable and show me a photo?
I will soon have some swan shots with the A70-210mm and Pentax A2s extender
at 210mm F4 amd ISO 400 Fuji Superia for comparison.
greetings and thanks
Markus