That has to be a Michigan rose :-). Froze to death just like the rest of us. Seriously, it's an interesting image. The starkness of the black and white treatment coupled with all the broken bits on the ground render it almost macabre in tone. I was going to say "very nice," but that would be inaccurate. Instead I'll say, "compelling and well executed."
Paul