Got home from the Grandfather Mountain Nature Photography Weekend last night.
It was definitely something I'd recommend to anyone who's interested in
nature photography or just enjoying the outdoors in a spectacular setting.
Very nice to meet several PDML people in person. Got to see some very nice
photography and take quite a few shots myself. I have a feeling that my
best work of the weekend will end up being my medium format black and white.
That stuff will get souped in a day or two. I'll find out how a few of my
rolls of slide film look later today. (I'll also find out how E100VS and
E100SW work when pushed 1 stop.)

I got to play with an MZ-S for a bit. Warning: Do *not* try out this camera
in a camera store, especially with the optional battery grip, if you have
your credit card with you. You *will* want to buy one. It's amazingly small
and, even though it's very lightweight, feels densly packed and solid. It
just exudes "quality". Ergonomics and "feel" are wonderful. You can tell
a lot of thought went into the design of this camera.

I'll try to put together a web page with some of my Grandfather photos by
the end of the week. Possibly even a few by tomorrow. We're already making
plans for next year's Grandfather Mountain weekend.

Mark Roberts