Pål Jensen wrote:

> Rob wrote:
>
> >The biggest reason for the MZ-S is build quality although
> > recently there have been some doubts about the sealing of the MZ-S too.
>
> AF performance is reportedly also miles ahead of anything Pentax have produced
>previously...

I got to use one for a couple of days over the weekend, and probably put
6 or 8 rolls of film through it.

If you were to compare it to the PZ-1p, ZX-5n and 645n, you might say
the 'lock-on' speed is a bit faster then the 645n or ZX-5n, which seem
pretty similar to me, and much better then the PZ-1p.

However, the fact that it has 6 AF points changes the ball game. I find
with the PZ-1p and ZX-5n, that I'll misfocus fairly often when I do the
"lock-on and recompose" dance. Just shifting the camera slightly after
the AF has locked on is often enough to shift the plane of focus enough
to be noticable. I shoot wide open a bunch, so maybe that's why it tends
to bother me.

This problem is alleviated a good bit with the extra AF points.

Other considerations -

- The green button rocks.
- The grip *absolutely* rocks. There was only one at Grandfather...I had
to duct tape Doug into his sleeping bag to get it away from him.
- The DOF preview is placed on the little ring around the shutter
button. It's very cool.
- The shutter has a great sound and doesn't seem to have much lag.
- The frame rate didn't bother me. It's just fast enough to feel...fast
enough.
- The finder seemed fine.
- The limited lenses look fine to me on it.
- It's small.
- It's light.
- It's sexy.
- It smells good.