John Forbes mentioned:

As an ex-diver, I would say that it wouldn't be a good idea to use the air
from that compressor for diving either.  I'd rather have oil on my sensor
than oil in my lungs.
In normal circs, air from a diving compressor should be pretty damn clean.

Yes, your right of course John, but I only use the tank to fill a precharged
pnuematic
air rifle, and had just had the fittings and hose assembled to enable me to do
that.
It was this hose that I thought would double nicely as a dust remover.

Even so I was suprised to learn that the shop where I got the work done had
left the contaminant
in the hose.
I was told that it would be done to "food quality" standards, so expected total
cleanliness.

Regards,

Max