On 2005-05-04 09:29, Mark Roberts wrote:
> Martin Trautmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >The Pentax Optio 50 is the same stuff as the Premier DC-5345
>
> And they're both manufactured by Sanyo.

Hi Mark,

is this common knowledge? Does Sharp build for Premier or is it Premier
who builds for Sharp?

Premier claims to be one of the major manufacturers with a market share of
15 %.

The Optio 50 sensor probably is not from Sanyo, but from Sharp.
I don't know about the lenses - maybe actually the Premier lenses are from
Pentax?
The LCD could be Sanyo?

Maybe that Sanyo does not sell the items they build with a Sanyo label:
All they name is
    VPC-R1 (1.3 MP)
    VPC-MZ3 (2.0 MP)
    VPC-J1 Xacti (3.2 MP)
    VPC-AZ3 (4.0 MP)

I guess you might know better than I do - but for the moment I'd expect
Premier as the real builder!?