Ann Sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Ok - here is the message I just got when I hit
>REPLY to yesterday's letter
>
>The following message to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>was undeliverable.
>The reason for the problem:
>5.1.0 - Unknown address error 553-'207.172.4.64 -
>REJECTED: See http://psbl.surriel.com '

OK, I just went to the URL in your rejection message (did you check that
out?)

Your IP address is on the Passive Spam Block List because someone sent
spam from that IP address recently (on May 3, in fact). That means that
someone using that IP address has been infected with a virus and their
computer has been hacked into by a spammer and used to send bulk email.
If you are on dial-up connection it probably isn't you, but the last
person who signed on and got assigned that IP, but you definitely ought
to run a virus scan to be sure. If you're on a broadband (cable or DSL)
connection then it's probably your computer that's infected.

The Passive Spam Block List is unique in that you can remove your IP
address from the list yourself, no questions asked (I just did it for
you). But it will be added back as soon as it emits spam again, which
will be in a few hours if you really do have a virus.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing