Henri Toivonen escribió:
Which one is better as a carryround normal zoom for my SFX:

F35-70/3.5-4.5
FA28-70/4.0 AL

I've had (and sold) both of these lenses. Both of them are fine, but the 28-70 is a tad better. It has fabulous flare resistance, and it is quite sharp, except at 28 mm f:4.0, at this aperture it is soft at the corners of the frame, particularly when shooting low contrast scenes.
The 35-70 is also soft at 35 mm 3.5, but in this case all over the frame. I would say that this lens is slightly better at 50 and 70 mm. and f:8 or f:11 than the 28-70, but only by a narrow margin.
The bad thing about the FA 28-70 is that a good number of users have reported that many of them develop a nasty whitish veil between two elements after some years of use. It seems a case of defective lens cement.

Carlos