Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 7:45:06 AM, Shel wrote:
SB> Kind of like a gold snake skin covered LX with a hand made ebony grip, eh
SB> <LOL>

SB> I heard about the a la carte program, but never looked into it in any
SB> detail.  I like my cameras old, original, and ultimately showing signs of
SB> use.

I am actually surprised Leica didn't include that in the a la carte
program ;-)

"custom rubbed corners" "highest quality scratch marks made by
genuine Leitz strap lugs by our experienced technicians" "carefuly prepeeled
vulcanite, make it look like your old M3!" "precision laser-drilled pinholes in
the shutter curtain for plenty of opportunities to talk about that
time in Desert Gulf desert" "special formulation Germany made 'Gaffer'
tape, make your fashion statement with our brand of black tape!"

and the most expensive: "custom dings and bullet marks, Leica can save
your life in battle _and_ take pictures afterwards"

;-)

Having a battered, gaffered Leica and loving it :)

Good light!
           fra