That's a very narrow definition. It would exclude many of those works hanging on the walls of the world's museums. Art can create disharmony. It can provoke and inspire chaos. It can be ambiguous or straightforward and clear. And of course there's a difference between personal art and universal art. If I create something that I love, it is at least personal art. If the rest of humankind embraces it as well, it is universal art. In between those two extremes there are other layers. Different cultures are moved by different words, different pictures. The only real test of great universal art is time. If a work endures and speaks to every generation, one can say that it is great art: a classic.
Paul