Pål Jensen wrote:
Carlos wrote:

According to Richard Hunecke's books about the MZ-5/3/5n (sorry if I have
mispelled his name, I have one of my cats on my lap and cannot go to check it)
the internal chassis of those cameras is made of metal (light alloy diecast).

REPLY:

Really? I could swear it was an MZ-5 I saw dismantled at the Pentax repair centre. Maybe it was an MZ-50?

Well, there is a world of difference between an MZ-5 (ZX-5 / ZX-5n) and an MZ-50 (ZX-50). The MZ-50 was, at the time it was introduced, Pentax's lowest-end AF SLR among its contemporaries in the Pentax lineup. The ZX-5/5n was, at the same time, the second from the top of the Pentax lineup.