Thanks for the comments, guys. Gives me incentive to keep going.

Shel, the shot was on Fuji S-400. So I thought I could wring out more detail in the clouds. Started again from scratch, with two scans, one exposed for the sky, one for the land.

Separate curve adjustments for each. Next, I think I'll see if I can bring out more detail in the cloud shadows on the trees. Could spend days doing this, it is very enjoyable.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/PDML_misc/trail_ridge.htm
(original blah colour pic when you mouse-over the image)

Man, that was a cold afternoon. On the other hand, the oxygen deprivation up there makes you slow down and take your time getting the shot.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc