I experienced an interesting contrast in styles on Saturday.  My
daughter was off to the prom and I was taking pictures of her and her
date.  I was using the 645 (A75 f2.8) and the *istDS (DA40 f2.8).  I
took 15 shots with the 645, and about 35 with the DS.  The useful aspect
of the using the DS as a weapon of mass exposure is that at least some
of the pictures had good facial expressions.  Of course, when we later
went to the school for casuals I took the  DS with the 40, which worked
really well.  The DS prints came out fine; I'll let you know how the
645's come out when I get them <g>.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/10/05 9:23 PM >>>
if you are one to study your shots, every shot you take should make you
better photographer. rationing shots when learning is especially not
helpful. that's why all the courses and books say to shoot and study.
in the
editorial stock world, providing 5 or 20 slightly different variations
on a
theme is what the photo editor wants, if they are all excellent. that's
why
a successful working stock photographer could be taking 50-75K slides a

year. switching to digital for someone like that is both a no-brainer
and
probably hardly affects the rate at which they shoot. for someone like
me
who shot about 3K frames a year on film am now shooting 5K because i
don't
have to take so many insurance shots and can try more variations in a
short
time. in the editorial stock world, your best shot may have nothing to
do
with what the photo editor wants, so you have to supply variety.

Herb...