On 5/12/05, Bob W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oh, all right then.
>
> We all hate each other too, even though we pretend to be in a continent-wide
> Benetton advert. And we like to have wars every so often, just to clear the
> air.
>
> Northern Europeans secretly envy Southern Europeans, who are hopelessly
> disorganised, but better looking, better dressed, have great weather, great
> tans, great food & wine, work less and seem to be having a much better time.
>
> Can't imagine why.
>
> Is that better?

Well, Canada sounds much like Europe then.  The English hate the
French, the French want out of the country, the East hate Ontario
because Ontarians make them feel inferior, Ontario hate the East
because all our tax money goes there in pogie payments, the West hate
Ontario because the government in Ottawa won't let Alberta sell oil at
world prices, Ontario hates Alberta because Alberta's richer than them
because they have oil, everyone's envious of BC because it's the most
beautiful place in the world and it hardly snows in Vancouver, BC
doesn't give a rat's ass about TROC (The Rest of Canada) because
they're all stoned and laid-back anyway, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
hate Ottawa because they don't do enough to help beleagered farmers,
Ottawa says, "Huh?  There aren't enough votes in those places for us
to give a crap about them.  Oh, honey, could you through another
burger on the BBQ?"

I could go on (haven't even touched on Native issues, and the North,
and what we think of Americans <LOL>) but I won't.

We don't fight wars much, though - at least not in about a hundred
years, since the Metis rebellion, I'd say...

cheers,
frank