With the *internal* flash.  External TTL still works properly, no?
So I take it that the -D actually can do the TTL mode with the built-in
flash?

Och, I don't quite care about the internal flash. If you are right, Cory, (and you should be) then I retract my statement above.

Kostas

Ugh... the reason I care about the internal flash is it's the most advanced one I've got at this time. I've also got a pile of 'A' and pre-A lenses (only my kit lens has AF). I've got an old non-dedicated autothyristor that works well, albeit a bit fiddly to set up.

Once I get all the limitations sorted out, I'll be better edjumacated to buy a better one... but $250 for a bone-fide Pentax isn't in the cards. The main question is how advanced of an external one to get that will work with the older lenses. If they're too limited, I might as well stick with an extra-dumb one (and just get a more powerful version).

-Cory