but it uses up three thousand times the  memory."

From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Paul,

To not use a technology does not necessarily mean one is opposed to it. To
question it's value, or aspects of its use, or how it's used, or comparing
some or all of it unfavorably to another - perhaps older - technology, does
not mean that there's an opposition to it.

I enjoy using and driving my cars, yet there are times when it's not the
best way to get around, and the older technology, such as street cars or
cable cars in San Francisco is a better - or at least more realistic -
choice.  Were I to live in SF, it's possible that I'd not even own a car,
but that doesn't mean I'd be opposed to them.

Is there a term for someone who embraces new technology and shuns or
dismisses older technology as useless or worthless?

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The term Luddite has been misused quite a bit.  I don't think that it
> should apply to someone who simply chooses not to use a newer
> technology.

However, aside from the historical context, that's pretty much what
"luddite" means -- someone who oppposes technical change. And from the
laments I've seen over the passing of film, the feelings of many go well
beyond "choice." Many film shooters obviously wish that digital had never
happened. By definititon, they're "luddites." Not bad people, just
luddites. <vbg>