However, film has not disappeared. Most of us non-digital users just prefer
film. Very few of us think digital should disappear. It is you pro-digital
idjeets who think film should go away. Of course if I had just spent $20,000 to
seriously go digital, I would probably have to defend that action to the death
also. Besides this Luddite had a Coolpix 100, think about that, you
digital-newby!

GRIN!

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Frank wrote:

The term Luddite has been misused quite a bit.  I don't think that it
should apply to someone who simply chooses not to use a newer
technology.

However, aside from the historical context, that's pretty much what "luddite" means -- someone who
oppposes technical change. And from the laments I've seen over the passing of film, the feelings of many go well
beyond "choice." Many film shooters obviously wish that digital had never happened. By definititon,
they're "luddites." Not bad people, just luddites. <vbg>
Paul