On 5/18/05, Kenneth Waller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Suprisingly, the Miata did well in the snow.  I'm chalking this up the
> 50/50 weight distribution and light foot when needed.
>
> I'll bet it didn't have the factory performance tires.

Nope.  The factory tires on a '94 were H rated.  I replaced them
during our first winter with H rated aqua tread style tires.  I forget
the brand.  That did the trick.  Those factory tires were worthless on
anything other than dry pavement, which is impractical for a daily
driver.

> Here in Michigan, recent Miata's with the performance tire are either parked,
> crashed or get the tires changed to something more conducive to winter
> driving (read Blizzaks)
>
> Kenneth Waller
> (who lived in St Lou for 4 years - liked most things about the area but the
> summer heat/humidity and the winter ice.)

I didn't mind the winter so much.  The heat and humidity I'm happy to
leave behind.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com

--
"You have to hold the button down" -Arnold Newman