Dario Bonazza wrote:
Anyone using the Alcava (or any other brand, if available) rechargeabe alkaline batteries on the D/Ds?
They are 1.5V instead of 1.2V, and they should probably fix such recurring problems I see reported here. I used them on my MZ-S, with great satisfaction. I've never tried them with the D, only because I've never had "low voltage" problems with Ni-MH (so far).

Any known reason for not using them?

All the best,

Dario

The manual for the *ist-DS reports that Alkaline batteries will have a much shorter lifespan than NiMH's, taking much fewer pictures before becoming depleated. The manual also says that not all functions will be supported when using them.