It can cause problems with autofocus and focus confirmation. Pentax autofocus sensors are underneath a semi-silvered portion of the reflex mirror. If you're not relying on either you'll have no problem, otherwise you should use a circular polarizer.

Powell Hargrave wrote:

A circular works on any camera. A linear polarizer can cause problems on cameras that have complex light paths to the AF or exposure meter sensor. Linear polarizers are cheaper and more efficient than circular ones, that's why it's important to know the distinction and when they can be used.

So should a circular be used on the DS?  I tried my non circular and it
seemed to work fine.

Powell

--
A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
                        --Groucho Marx