Hi Paul
since I will go on all the tours my friend at www.bestofswitzerlandtours.ch
is offering for tourists in the next weeks, I will have a lot of "postcard"
like photos to show here soon and may even lead you into temptation to come
and visit Switzerland ;-)

Appenzell is lovely, just now they start planting flowers everywhere and put
"Geranium" everywhere on the balcony of the
houses too, that red is a bit missing on some of the house shots now.
Honestly I do sometimes find all this
painting and polishing in such places a bit kitschy. I prefer the pure
overwhelming mountains and I really
loved the old cog wheel on Mt. Pilatus (pictures will follow). But I do not
have a great choice here, I have to make
the shots in a certain pleasing way...

Now if anybody of the pro's here could show me how to improve shadows and
highlights on the scans by taking
one of my "postcards" and adjust it and tell me what I have to do in
Photoshop CS. (as Herb mentioned)
If there would be even a general rule so I could record an action and batch
process the scans I would be very happy
or am I just dreaming and hard work on every picture is the way to go?

thanks and have a nice weekend Paul
greetings
Markus