Well, this is all a matter of having some fun. I admit the one about the Old Galactics was made up on the spur of the moment. However, I also pointed out in an earlier post that the level of security you need in wiping files depends on whom you are trying to protect the data from.
A low level format will make the data unrecoverable to Joe Blow, even if he is
fairly computer savy.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Mark Roberts wrote:
David Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just try to stop the opportunists - the determined burglar is going to get what they want and stopping them is not worth the expense and day-to-day inconvenience.

This is exactly the point: I'm just interested in thwarting
dumpster-divers who are after my credit card information. I'm not
concerned about the NSA using cutting edge spy technology to see what I
might have had on my hard drive. (And although I'm sure the NSA has
technology far beyond what a commercial hard disk recovery service lab
has, quite a few items that have appeared in this thread have set off my
Urban legend Detector.)