From: Brian Walters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Raw

Ken

Any comments I make probably wont do the software justice as I still
haven't had time to give it a thorough try out. However, I was
dissapointed with the conversion of the sole RAW image that I've
tried.  It took a fair bit of effort to get an acceptable tif image
that I could further process in Photoshop Elements but it wasn't as
good as the output from the Pentax Laboratory software (I was able to
install version 2 of the Pentax software temporarily on the WinXP
machine I use at work).

I'm not willing to write Breeze Browser off just yet and it was
certainly better than the few other third party raw converters that I
tried.

Interestingly, all of the third party converters I have found all seem
to use the same decoder (dcraw) although some of the programs do it
better than others.

The following link has a list of converters using dcraw (although many
are for macs).

http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney, Australia

Quoting Kenneth Waller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks Brian
> My main interest in it is for Raw conversion also. My current
> system should
> support it, everything else I've looked at requires a significant
> upgrade
> which I'm not about to do right now just to be able to handle Raw.
> How does the Raw convertor compare to others?
> The Pentax convertor was next to useless in my opinion.
>
> Kenneth Waller

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com