I agree in principle, and I plan on emptying the 4GB daily or more often if I fill it up sooner. I, like most people, tend to split the finest of hairs on things like this and then split them again. I'm trying to become less like myself. :)

There's no guarantees. With film, it could be bad (out of my control), it could be processed wrong (out of my control), the camera could malfunction (out of my control). I see the same situation with digital. With CF or microdrives, either could give up the ghost with no or little warning.

In my case, saving money on a 4GB microdrive (only $160)... 4 1GB CF crads would be $250-$280, a 4GB flash is $400+. Buys a few bottles of Italian wine.

Tom C.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: RE: CF card: normal or Microdrive?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 18:40:24 +0000

I just worry about putting all my eggs in one basket. I wouldn't want a 4 gig CF card either, although I think CF is less likely to fail than a microdrive. I carry 4 1 gig cards and 3 half gig cards. They'll fit in a pocket. I don't feel encumbered. And should one fail, I won't lose all my work. I also take my I-book on trips and location shoots and download the cards as soon as possible.
Paul