Derby,

I have not tried skinning mine yet. It is still so new to me, only two rolls shot with it so far. You have given me an idea or two though. Maybe I can do one of the 645n cameras I have. I have to note the skin thickness. I have plenty of leather from my old car interior, it is tan so it will be a contrast :-)

I have to get more reskinned cameras and then go visit you,

Brother César

Derby Chang wrote:

Some might remember I won an ebay 6x7 last week. Arrived today. What a bewdy. In really good condition (older non-MLU model with just a bit of brassing, that's all).

Brother Cesar, have you tried skinning yours yet? A bit of the shoulder leather to the right of the eyepiece is missing on mine, so I might as well do it all. Looks like a straightforward job - no weird shapes like on the 645. But I think the glue is quite strong (shellac?). Might have to get the methylene chloride out again.

Hmmm... full moon shots this weekend (pity it'll be too late for PUG). Heavens, just taking the prism off and looking at the screen is a revelation.

Brother D