Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: LX Metering

I just tried pointing the camera out a dark window into the night (such as it is here in the city) - ISO 400 film loaded.  the exposure times seem to correlate with what I got with the camera empty and no light coming in - at ISO 400 with an A 28-135 lens at f22 the shutter would trip after about 5 seconds. Same with the cover on the lens.  I put fresh batteries in and tried a different lens, with the same results.

The LX metered the scene at 4 seconds at f4 (and a Pz-1p metered it at 3 seconds) -- by my math the exposure should have been ~2 minutes at f22.

I'll be interested to see if the images come out -- I did do some available light macros with the LX last week, using a Kiron 100 f2.8 macro at 1:1, f32 and 80mm of extension on ISO 200 slide film - and they were exposed perfectly.  I was't paying attention to how long the exposures were, though...

(Good thing too since I probably would have shifted to manual and bollixed it all up...)

- MCC

At 03:13 PM 6/11/01 -0400, you wrote:

Michel Adam wrote:

> Should not make any difference. In total darkness, the reflectivity of the
> pressure plate vs the film should be the same (zilch).

True...so maybe we're seeing the difference between total darkness and mostly-darkness?

Maybe the camera's "smart" enough to give up after a couple of minutes
if it isn't getting any exposure?

-Aaron
-
This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Photos: