Paul are you sure it gives only full power with old lenses, I know the Ds is documented to only give full power but it seems that the D is TTL with old K mount lenses. I don't think I've gotten a bad flash exposure with the internal flash with K mount lenses yet. (I'll have to check).

Paul Stenquist wrote:

The integrated flash does not do regular TTL with old lenses. It gives you full power, but that's not very hard to gauge if you have to use it. Full power is pretty minimal. I rarely use the on camera flash other than on a whim or in emergencies. But I've found it's pretty simple to estimate a full power exposure with old lenses. I firmly believe that on-camera flashes are by nature useless.
Paul