Somehow, this is becoming a oneupmanship issue. Where I was talking about
expert v. tyro skills.

BTW, my Blazer is now a 4x2. The TCCM went out this winter. Ahh, to have that old manual
equipment instead of this modern automatic push button stuff. At least with the manual
controls you could shift into 4WD with a pair of vise grips if you had to. But no, you
have to have that computer to check road-speed, rpms, traction conditions,
phase-of-the-moon, etc, before deciding whether to shift into 4WD or not, "Never
mind what you think it should do, you brainless twit". $350 for the part and no
telling if whatever reason the old one fried won't fry the new one. Sigh...

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Cotty wrote:
On 25/5/05, Graywolf, discombobulated, unleashed:

Well, I can say from experience that experience and knowledge are worth
at least as much as a winch to a 4x4'er. Where a tyro will get stuck with
all that exotic traction control stuff an expert can often simply drive
through in a stock flat-fender jeep. Until you have ridden with an expert
you have no idea what difficult terrain a 4x4 can actually handle.

You leaf-springers don't know what axle articulation is ;-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__