Yeah but we got a better camera than the F90, too.  I've owned both an N90s
and a PZ-1p and the PZ-1p is a whole lot better, although build quality may
be slightly less than the Nikon. Cracks in the battery cover door area kind
of piss me off about my PZ-1p. I really believe the MZ-S is pretty close to
Nikon F100 class, there are a few tradeoffs on either side but the $850
price of the MZ-S pretty much makes up for the differences. If you shop
around, the F100 is still going to cost $1100 new.

I've been watching the price of the F5 drop lately, too.  Interesting.

What was the consensus opinion on how to fix the cracks on the PZ-1p?  Can I
do it myself, neatly, or should it go back to Pentax? If they don't have a
sturdier solution, it's just going to happen again in a year.

Len
---