In a message dated 5/26/2005 1:25:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Since you were working close, the small differences  in distance are
magnified.  They are not about the same distance away.  Don't count on
autofocus to give you sharper pics than manual focus.  Where, precisely,
did the camera decide to focus?

Shel