Fortune favours the brave.  Or so 'tis said.

John

On Fri, 27 May 2005 00:50:19 +0100, Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 27 May 2005 at 0:45, John Forbes wrote:

I hope Pentax will survive as a quirky niche player offering petite,
highly ergonomic bodies and some superb lenses.

For those Pentax doesn't, and won't, support, we can only say farewell.
But for the other 98%, come on in, the water's lovely.  Okay, it's a bit
chilly at the moment, but it'll warm up.

I hope that they will survive too but I'm not reading their situation with quite the positive twist you seem to be, I'd say that there was an ice layer
forming on the pond at this stage, heading where we can only guess...

Practically they really aren't throwing us any bones at the moment are they?

John

PS:  Because I, too, was a little concerned about the future (I read too
many Herb Chong posts), I bought a second D body.
That both helped Pentax and gave me a backup/source of spares.

Brave man.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998