frank theriault wrote:

         It will be faster to ask this here than sit on hold on the phone.:-)

I know when i recently flew, they asked if i had any fruits. So. What about
food xing the
border by car
(truck)
I fiqure any RVing types that are on the list might advise.

Can we bring a cooler(s) of fast foods like hotdags hamburgers, bread, milk,
pop, alchohol
etc. I would
like to have some staples in the truck to start us off with anyway.

Any adice will be adhered to.<vbg>

Dave

I see there are already about 25 responses to your question, Dave, so
I'm sure it's been dealt with, but regardless:

My take is that it's just as easy to stop in the US for food once we
cross the border.  Last year, Mark and I stopped in Jefferson NC at a
supermarket to grab some beer and food - I'm sure we can do that this
year as well.

I do know that sometimes they've asked me at the border about certain
particular fruits that have some parasite problem or something (I
remember one year it was bananas).
They just wanted to make sure you weren't importing any unregistered tarantulas.

I just think it would be easier and cheaper to buy down there,
although there's usually no problem bringing our food across the
border.

cheers,
frank

--
A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
                        --Groucho Marx