as Graywolf says, if an emulsion is worth making, it will be worth making in a variety of formats. it will only be worth making if there is enough small format sales. large and medium format will never dominate film sales even 10-15 years from now when we're down to about 5-10% of today's volumes.

Herb...
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: Re: So long AgfaPhoto

No. I'm just assuming that there will be a need for film, especially in larger formats, because some things, like LF newer will be available as digital cameras (expect line scanners) and that there is a borderline somewhere between LF and the 135 format may co-exist. This may very well be in the large MF market.