Since I learned from working on the photo, I'd not do the same things in
the same way, nor necessarily in the same order, again.  To be brief, I
used a double Hue/Sat layer technique, but also used Shadows/Highlights,
masking, curves, healing brush, several sharpening techniques, selective
sharpening ... I can no longer recall specifically what I did on what
sections of the photo in what order.  It was late, I was tired, and anxious
to see a movie that I'd rented.  Sorry I can't be more help right now.

For anyone interested, here's the JPEB that Boris sent me, reduced for
easier uploading.  If anyone wants to try their hand at repairing this, I'd
be happy to send them or upload the larger size file that Boris sent.

http://home.earthlink.net/~my-pics/boris_pic_color.jpg

Shel