I have both the K and M versions of the 3.5.
I see very little difference in image quality
between the two, especially at 5.6 and 8.
The bokeh is a bit better on the K but for the
size and weight difference, and the advantage
of having the same filter size (49) as my 50's
I usually prefer to carry the M.
The flare resistance of the M seems a bit better
than the K, probably the smaller front element.

BTW: I've found the M28/2.8 to be a better lens
than I expected, given all the negative
comments it's recieved, not as good as the 3.5
though.

Don

PS: JCO, I found another K300/4, so I don't
hate you anymore! ;-) <<<<<Please note grin!