molly blooms monologue in ulysses consists of several paragraphs which each
consists of one sentence and the monologue itself contains no punctuation
marks other than the final full stop it being an interior monologue and
stream of consciousness and all although quite how somebodys thoughts
arrange themselves into paragraphs punctuated or not I dont really know but
what I do know is this Joyce would have had a hard time writing it these
days because whenever Bill Gates thinks youve made a grammatical error he
insists on trying to correct it the literary philistine swine but maybe
Jimmy J would have writ Ulysses on Unixes I certainly think he would have
felt at home in the world of email and texts where punctuation and sentences
count for nothing and all communication is a direct stream of whatever
nonsense is in peoples heads at the time they write it maybe I should ask my
neighbour who is a cousin of Joyces mate Sam Becket and has an amazing early
edition of Ulysses all decorated and encrusted with stuff by Joyce himself
with his own fair hand but now Im sick of trying to write like this and ask
myself will I stop and yes I said yes I will Yes.

--
Cheers,
 Bob