Hello Frank, Paul, Bob and David,

thanks a lot for your precious comments! Very helpful hints and opinions that I appreciate. This photo was the beginning for more serious tries in wideangle, which is a very powerful way of taking photographs.

Indeed, shopping seems a kind of religious behaviour to many people... Other "altars" are found as well, and I do not want e.g. my camera to be my "god"... Not so easy to realize, as taking pictures and buying lenses is very addictive...*brooding over*

This mailinglist is very inspiring for my language skills. I really like it!

Much greetings,
Johannes.

David Savage schrieb:

Ditto. It's a perfect phrase. :-)

BTW Johannes, that is a beautiful shot, the colour is spectacular.

My only suggestion would be to crop off the lower quarter, just above
the lower most U shaped table. I think that the lower section is a bit
empty and doesn't really add anything to the composition. Maybe take
off a little of the left side to help make it a little more
symmetrical.

Dave S