Hi Markus

>Can I also use a wider lens like a 35mm or even a 28mm to have to take less
single shots or not?

I guess it really depends on the lens itself. If you can get non-distorted
single images from it than you should be able to get a non distorted pano also.
I would think, you should be able to shoot it with a lens as wide as around
24mm and avoid distortion.
>From my experience (with PanoramaMaker), the number of shots stiched only
>affects the computer time to stitch.
My lens reccommendation is to pick the lens to use as if you were shooting each
frame by itself, if you're happy with that resuylt then use that lens for the
pano.

Be careful with the use of a polarizer. You'll get varying polarizer effects
depending on the total angle of coverage of the pano.

Kenneth Waller