----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Christian,
> Nicely done images. Fun sunglass catch.
> Whether it's a result of viewfinder composition or
> later cropping, the egret in flight is placed in
> "exactly" the right frame position and with good
> focus/tracking. Congratulations. Takes acuity!

Thanks, Jack.

Actually the egret in flight is a very tight crop.  maybe only 25% of the
original frame so I was able to place it wherever I chose :-)  As for
focusing, I had to sharpen it quite a bit because it was kinda soft.

Over the weekend I was doing a lot of birds-in-flight type pictures and I
have to admit to being EXTREMELY frustrated with the 20D's focus tracking
(or lack there-of).  I had better results manual focusing with the *ist D.
Next time, I'll try manual focus and see if i get a better hit rate. I just
wanted to test the 20D's capabilities this time.

Thanks for looking!

Christian