I wouldn't worry about it too much, my A 50mm F1.4 has seen a lot of use
and works perfect.  While the M series may have a better feel and made out
of metal, it seems the A series are better sealed against dirt and grime
getting in there.  Also, are you sure the 70-210mm isn't metal?  The A
35-105mm has a metal aperture ring, but the feel is more like the plastic A
series rings rather than the metal K and M series.

Todd