Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:

Shel Belinkoff wrote on 01.06.05 1:34:

Camera bodies are discontinued.   Kodak will continue to develop CCD and
CMOS image sensors.

Here's the part that's most discouraging: Kodak will only support the
cameras through 2008.  So, the cameras are what, about a year or so old,
making it that Kodak will only support what is arguably their flagshio
camera for a total of four or five years.

That's todays digital world, I guess.
So long for FF sensor cameras popularity. [ ... ] amateurs like us. FF is dead - long live APS-C! ;-)
Hmmm... I've been thinking that camera producers are bound to increase the sensor size soon because the megapixel race won't stop, and sensor elements much smaller than the ones used today are quite pointless (as far as I understand - not due to the component size or anything, but pretty "hard" optical limitations.) Or do you think they'll keep squeezing more pixels into the current size, not caring about the fact that the quality/dynamics of each pixel will deteriorate?

- T