I had an interesting week shooting in London. My kit performed as expected
and I didn't miss my macro, but I think my needs for travel in a city are
different than those in the country. In a nutshell, I think I need something
like an 18-75 or slightly greater zoom, and I wouldn't mind getting a
digital-only lens for this purpose. I just got sick of having to switch
lenses whenever I wanted to go wider than 28 (42)mm.

I am eyeing the Sigma 18-125mm. Does anyone have any experience with this
lens? The Pbase samples look good. My only misgiving about this lens is the
long minimum focus distance, because I like to take pictures of food in
restaurants. Could anyone recommend an alternative? I'm open to suggestions.
I thought about the DA 16-45, but I'd still have to swap lenses to go over
45mm.

Thanks,
Amita