On dpreview it says "8. High‐accuracy AF sensorsFeaturing the advanced SAFOX
VIII AF system incorporating threecross-type wide-area AF sensors, the *istDL
automatically selects themost appropriate sensor for a given subject. It also
lets the user fixthe sensor point on the middle sensor for specific
applications. Usingthe menu screen, the user can select the preferred focus
mode betweenSingle AF, which locks the focus when the shutter release button
ishalf-depressed, and Continuous AF,* which adjusts the focus to thesubject's
movement.* This focus mode is available in the Auto Picture and Picture
modes,only when the Action mode is selected."
So, it works the same but with cross-type sensors.
Alex Sarbu.
On 6/1/05, Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> Dario wrote:> > > I'm not
argumenting the choice of 3-segment AF here. That can be fine.> > I only ask
why the hell they have to mess-up things that way. Whay don't> > they call the
damn thing SAFOX IV, SAFOXIX (ah, ah), SAFOX L, or SAFOX> > WHATEVER? Why SAFOX
VIII (which is another thing)?> > Maybe it is SAFOX V and the rest is printing
error in the specifications?> > > Pål