Funny how people buy old beat up lenses that who knows what their history is
and figure all of them are junk based upon that experience. Even worse when it
has an obvious minor problem that almost any tech could fix for little money.

RULE: almost every piece of photographic gear ought to have a CLA done every 5
years. Sitting in the sock drawer is almost worse than being used heavily, so
it does not matter how pretty it looks. On the other hand there are some techs
out there that you would be better off tossing your camera off a ten story
building than having them work on it. Isn't life interesting?

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Alan Chan wrote:
It's about a 8/10 revolution from closest focus to infinity, and it is one of the stiffest focusing rings on any lens I own.

Time to relube the lens. Believe me, it works.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan