Hi there,

that's true for Lithium rechargeables only. Conventional batteries are fine, but Li-Ion rechargeables can really damage the camera if the electronics is not designed to work with 'em. Would be a bit long to explain why...

BR, Margus

Joe Wilensky wrote:

I found this in the technical FAQ section:

"4. Never use manganese or lithium batteries, as these battery types may overheat in the camera."

Do the new lithium AA batteries (and so many other lithium photo batteries) really get hotter than other types?

Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Wilensky" Subject: OT: Lithium AA's if manual doesn't specify?

I've picked up a small digital point-and-shoot (not Pentax), and it takes AA batteries. The manual mentions using alkalines and recommends NiMH rechargeable AA batteries, but says not a word about using lithium AA batteries. This is a fairly current camera (2004, discontinued this year). Is there any reason I can't use lithium AA batteries in this camera?

no.

William Robb