Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:
On 2005-06-04, at 09:34, Cotty wrote:

Since acquiring some non-Pentax gear well over 2 years ago, I can now see
the advantages of not having to lose my comfortable grip on a lens to
alter aperture, particular while attempting manual focus as well. For me,
it's much more ergonomic to alter aperture with a wheel using the right
hand. YMMV.

I can only second you Cotty. When using long lenses operating aperture via aperture ring on the lens is simply pain. It is not so easy to operate when lens has tripod mount and is mounted on tripod too... For short, small lenses aperture ring on the lens is OK.

--
Best regards
Sylwek

I don't find it too much of a problem. If you have the whole rig on a tripod, you effectively have one hand free. Right hand holding the boddy and working the shutter release, left hand can work the aperture ring. Or am I missing something?