Vixen VX2 is made by Cosina of Japan, which also makes the current
Voigtlander-branded family of rangefinders and SLRs in Leica Screw Mount and
M42 (Pentax Screw Mount) respectively.  They also make and sell a 'Voigtlander'
branded P/K mount SLR which greatly resembles the Vixen VX-2 - to the extent
that I believe it must be the same exact camera.

I have also found this exact model branded with a variety of names, from Cosina
to Voigtlander to Vixen to Vivitar and I'm sure a few others.  Check out this
link:

http://www.photovillage.com/html/vsl43.html

Now, the fact is, they've been selling this model for a long, long, time - just
in different forms.  I have a Canon T60 which is the same basic body - most
parts are interchangable, it just has a Canon FD mount and was made in the
1980's.  They also made a Nikon and an Olympus and I think a few others that
were just relabled.  They knocked the prism off the top and called it a Bessa R
rangefinder.  They put the prism back on and called it a Bessaflex TM (which I
bought - and paid retail - because it had the M42 mount I wanted).  They sold
and still sell all kinds of brand-named P/K mount SLRs.

I gather that this Vixen is optimized somehow for astronomy, which I know
nothing about.  I do know that these camera bodies have a nice Copal Square
vertical travel shutter, very nice; and a bright viewfinder.

I have nothing against them - in fact, I think Cosina is one of the smarter
companies out there right now, and Mr Kobayashi is a certifiable genius.

Don't know if this helps, but I know a bit about Cosina/Voigtlander and I'd
love to help if I can - ya'll have been very nice to me.

Best,

Wiggy