One of my brothers has a house in Les Alpes-de-Haute-Provence. First time he
drove there in his Discovery the brakes failed on the way down one of the
windy roads up there. Luckily he had lots of toilet tissue with him. He
managed to get down the mountain, and promptly uprated the brakes to
whatever the highest spec is. I've driven on some of the roads up there
between France and Italy, and it is very scary.

--
Cheers,
 Bob